The Cyclosportive des Vins du Valais invites you to Sion, Switzerland on Saturday August 1st, 2020 for the 8th edition of the Cyclosportive des Vins du Valais. Over the years, the Cyclosportive des Vins de Valais has earned itself a reputation for being one of the most beautiful cycling races in Switzerland, giving more than 1,500 cyclists the opportunity to discover the sumptuous Valais vineyards through five races:
- Sportive 130, a race of 127 kilometers and a little over 2,300 meters of elevation gain
- Sportive 115, a 114-kilometer race climbing to Lens and Bratsch
- Sportive 75, a sprint of 76 kilometers and a little over 1,000 meters in elevation
- Rando 45, a pleasant and accessible hike of 45 kilometers with little elevation
- E-Bike 40, a 40-kilometer excursion on the Lens mountain, open to electric bikes
To ensure everyone takes part in the festivities, children's races, the Mini Cyclo Net+, will also be organized, on a loop of one kilometer around the Place d'Armes in Sion.
Of course, after visiting the region's vineyards, many local products will await you at the finish line for a well-deserved tasting and some convivial exchange amongst participants and locals! Come visit the canton of Valais while enjoying the terroir on Saturday August 1, 2020 in Sion!
All the Cyclosportive des Vins du Valais events will start from the Casernes Hall in Sion.
The Rando 45 will be a flat and pleasant round trip to Sierre, along the Rhône.
The Sportive 75 will largely follow the route of the Rando 45 but will venture beyond Sierre, all the way up to Brasch by Leuk.
The Sportive 115 will start with a quick detour into Sion before climbing to Lens. The route will then descend to Granges to join the Sportive 75’s route to Brasch and the finish line.
The Sportive 130 will take a similar route to the Sportive 115’s, with a loop around Sion airport to warm up before climbing up to Lens, then onto Brasch. However, upon reaching Brasch and instead of returning directly to Sion, the cyclists of the Sportive 130 will climb on to Leukerbad before joining paths with the common route.
The E-Bike 40 will focus on the ascent of Lens and will then follow the Rhône to the finish line.
- Children's area
- SMS with the times
Friday July 31st, 2020:
- 5PM – 8PM: Race kit retrieval and last registrations
- 7PM: Concert and wine tasting
Saturday August 1st, 2020:
- 6:30AM – 7:45AM: Race kit retrieval
- 8:15AM: Start of the Sportive 130 and 115
- 8:30AM: Start of the E-Bike 40
- 8:40AM: Start of the Sportive 75 and Rando 45
- 11:30AM: Start of the Pasta Party
- 3PM: Circuit closure
- 3:15PM: Start of the Mini Cycle Net+ Races
- 4:30PM: Prize ceremony and closing party