The Extreme Man is a triathlon event taking place for 7 th consecutive year at the Narbonne Plage resort, the weekend of September 26 and 27, 2020 . The spectacular circuits developed by the organization as well as the friendly atmosphere contribute to the success and fame of the Extreme Man, who, despite his youth, has already hosted great triathletes like Frederik Van Lierde , Victor del Corral or François Chabaud .
Five races are scheduled for this 7th edition of the Extreme Man:
- SpeedRace , a two-round event of 300 meters of swimming, 6 kilometers of bicycle and 2 kilometers of race with final
- Cross , consisting of 400 meters of swimming, 14 kilometers of cycling and 4 kilometers of running
- Short , a 750 meter swimming triathlon, 29 km of cycling and 7 km of running
- Medium , with 1.5 km of swimming, 56 km of cycling and 14 km of running
- Half , the long distance event consisting of 2,250 meters of swimming, 85 kilometers of cycling and a half-marathon to complete
The Extreme Man therefore offers formats to satisfy all triathletes; the most explosive, the most enduring and all the others! It is also an opportunity to enjoy the exceptional setting offered by the Narbonne region, very popular with holidaymakers, with its sandy beaches and vineyards as far as the eye can see.
See you on September 26 and 27 in Narbonne for a sporty and spectacular weekend!
All events will start with swimming sections from Narbonne beach. The SpeedRaces and the Cross will follow the same 400-meter track in a loop before continuing as quickly as possible on the cycling part. The Short, Medium and Half triathlons will use a common course: a loop of 750 meters for the Short, two loops for 1,500 meters for the Medium and 3 loops for 2,250 meters for the Half.
The SpeedRaces heats will then perform 4 loops of 1,250 meters along the beach to accumulate a total of 5 kilometers. Those registered for the Cross will start in the direction of Ayguades and the Clape massif, on a 14-kilometer mountain bike route made up of 50% small roads, 30% paths and 20% single-track trails. The Short, Medium and Half events will share a more imposing route, around the Clape massif, by Gruissan-Plage and Narbonne. As part of the Short, the participants will do a 17 km loop while those of the Medium will do two for a total of 34 km and those of the Half will do three for a total of 85 km.
The events will end with running sections. On the SpeedRaces, the competitors will have to complete a 1.5 kilometer loop by the sea. Cross athletes will start on a trail of 4 kilometers and 30 meters of elevation gain north of Narbonne-Plage, composed of 20% sand . As with the swimming and biking sections, the Short, Medium and Half events will use the same route along the Narbonne beach. A lap of 7 kilometers will be required for the Short, two laps for the Medium and 3 laps for a total of 21 kilometers for the Half before crossing the finish line for a well-deserved rest.
- SMS with the times
Saturday September 26, 2020:
- 12h - 19h: Collection of bibs and exhibition
- 1 p.m. - 1:30 p.m .: Women's SpeedRaces departures
- 2 p.m. - 2.30 p.m .: Men's SpeedRaces departures
- 3 p.m. - 3.30 p.m .: Departures from the Women's SpeedRaces Finals
- 4 p.m. - 4:30 p.m .: Departures from the Men's SpeedRaces Finals
- 5.30 p.m .: Start of Cross
- 5.45 p.m .: SpeedRaces awards ceremony
- 7:30 p.m .: Cross awards ceremony
Sunday September 27, 2020:
- 7h - 8h: Collection of bibs
- 8h: Departure of the Half
- 8:30 am: Departures from Medium and Short
- 4.30 p.m .: Prize giving