Two weeks following the Frenchman Casteljaloux, the Frenchman Series 2020 jumps across the Strait of Gibraltar to Morocco for an exotic change of scenery and the 1st edition of the Frenchman Saïdia. The Frenchman Saïdia will be held on September 19th and 20th, 2020, in Saïdia, Morocco, near the Algerian border.
For this great international premiere, the organizers of the Frenchman Saïdia have designed three formats, making this event accessible to athletes of all levels:
- Distance S, equivalent to a Sprint triathlon, with 750 meters of swimming, 20 kilometers of cycling and 5 kilometers of running
- Distance M, the Olympic format composed of 1,500 meters of swimming, 40 kilometers of cycling and 10 kilometers of running
- Distance L, a half-ironman triathlon, consisting of 1,900 meters of swimming, 90 kilometers of swimming and 21.1 kilometers of running
The change of scenery is guaranteed, and so is the show, thanks to the breath-taking views offered by the region of Eastern Morocco. Saïda’s excellent roads and hotels, its beaches, warm weather and its legendary Moroccan hospitality all contribute to making the Frenchman Saïdia an event you won’t forget. See you on September 19th and 20th!
All Frenchman Saïdia triathlons will start with a dip in the Mediterranean, departing from Melia Beach, in front of the golf course. Those on the Distance S will swim a 750-meter loop, those on the Distance M will loop it twice and those on the Distance L will swim a longer 950-meter loop twice for a total of 1,900 meters before transitioning to their bicycles.
Jumping on their bikes, the competitors of the Triathlon S will make a 20-kilometer round trip west of Saïdia to the Bounoua mosque and back. The M route will be a 40-kilometer loop starting in the same way as the S track but continuing on the N16 eastwards along the Algerian border before heading back towards Saïdia and crossing the town center in order to reach the transition area by Melia Beach. The L route will be similar to the M but the athletes signed up for the long distance will track along the Algerian border further south, to the villages of Ahfir and Chtaita before returning to the finish line on Melia Beach via downtown Saïdia.
Once off their saddles, the athletes of the S format will finish off their triple effort with a flat, 5 km run looping around the Saïdia Marina. The M format will use the same loop as the Distance S, with an additional 5 km detour along the seaside walk. Athletes registered in the L Triathlon will run an identical route to the M format but will loop it twice in order to complete a 21-kilometer half-marathon.
Refreshments will be offered on all bike and running sections.
Friday September 18th 2020:
- 10AM – 8PM: Race kit retrieval for the Triathlons S, M and L
- 7:45PM : Pasta Party
Saturday September 19th 2020:
- 6:30AM – 7:30AM : Race kit retrieval for the Triathlon S
- 8AM : Start of the Triathlon S
- 8AM – 9:30AM : Race kit retrieval for the Triathlon M
- 8:15AM: Start of the Triathlon S Relay
- 10AM – 6PM : Race kit retrieval for the Triathlon L
- 12PM : Start of the Triathlon M
- 12:15PM : Start of the Triathlon M Relay
- 4:30PM : Awards ceremony for the Triathlons S and M
- 7:45PM : Pasta Party
Sunday September 20th 2020:
- 9AM : Start of the Triathlon L
- 5PM : Course closure
- 8PM : Couscous Party and award ceremony for the Triathlon L