A cycling circuit through the Sierra Oeste de Madrid and being able to savor a Madrid stew. We offer a new concept of doing sports in the company of your friends. Departure by road bike with 2 routes of 80 or 120 km. With mythical sections such as the climb to Cruz Verde and other segments on Strava. Finally, commenting on the route and enjoying a Madrid stew of the best chickpea "La Garbancera Madrileña".
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE GARBANCERA
🏁 Challenge: 80 or 120km cycling challenge
📅 When: between November 1, 2020 and December 20, 2020.
📍 Where: in Villanueva del Pardillo
🎫 How much is it worth : registration is € 40
What does it consist of?
Complete a specific circuit, with some timed sections (via GPS), in full autonomy. The participant can choose the day that best suits him (of the 50 possible) to go out to complete the challenge.
Each participant has to “track” (with their GPS device) their route and then validate it on our website (through the OPENGPX system synchronized with Strava).
Once the route is validated, the participant appears in the classification, which is made up of the sum of the times of the timed sections (for the uphill sections). Each day a ranking will be made up for each modality, and it will be updated to as the cyclists participate.
On December 20 we will have the final composition of the Podium. The members of the podium will receive an invitation to the next Garbancera Bike 2021 . Also, we will raffle various cycling products among all finishers.
There are two different routes in this Garbacera.
Each route has some sections of time-climbing whose times are those that will be taken into account for the classification.
- GB Larga there are 4 timed sections or segments: The ascent to Valdemorillo through the service road, the green cross pass, the ascent to Fresnedillas de la Oliva from Colmenar de Arroyo and the section from Quijorna to Villanueva de la Cañada.
- GB Corta with 2 sections timed segments: The climb to Valdemorillo through the service road and from Quijorna to Villanueva de la Cañada. The sections outside these time-climbing segments will not be taken into account, and will not have any effect on the classification. Tours are NOT marked. It is precisely one of the peculiarities of the ORC concept, to roll in total autonomy. Cyclists will have to follow their GPS or memorize the important towns of the route to follow the road signs (which is very simple).
The place of beginning and end of the route does not have any importance, while the proposed route is carried out. In other words, cyclists are free to start from the point they want, and to
finish where they want, as long as the chosen route is within the track. The validation of the route will be carried out via the OPENGPX platform (from Racetick) in connection with Strava.
What is the process?
- Sign up
- Receive your jersey (or collect it)
In the registration form you can choose whether to receive it at home or pick it up.
- Study the special stages
Here you have all the information. Download the track of the route.
- Have your GPS ready
Before leaving, prepare your GPS device well with which you are going to follow your route.
- Decide the date
Choose one of the 50 possible dates (from 1/11 to 20/12) on which you want to do the route.
- The day D
On the day you have chosen, complete the route you have signed up for and give it your all on the special stages. Enjoy a special day of pure cycling!
- Meal included
At the end of your outing, enjoy a full Madrid stew in one of the restaurants in the area. Included with registration. (we will send you the exact information of the places
where you can go) Remember to book before.
Take a photo and upload it to the networks with the #garbancerabike
- Track your route
Do not forget to track the entire route and at the end upload it to your Strava account (to appear in the classification it is mandatory to have a Strava account - if you do not have one you can create one here, it is free)
- Validate your route and time
You can now validate your time so that we can check if you have completed the tour. To validate your time enter here.
THE Maillot de la Garbancera
All participants will receive an exclusive jersey from the El Tío del Mazo brand. El Tío del mazo is a Spanish company specialized in high-end cycling gear.
It uses the latest generation fabrics imported from Italy with one objective: To satisfy the demand of an increasingly demanding group, that of cyclists - amateurs or professionals-
that year after year they face tougher challenges with more specific needs.
- Latest generation lightweight and breathable fabric.
- Stretchy and comfortable to fit the body.
- Ranglan type laser cut sleeves.
- Back pockets.
- Lower rubber adjustment.
- Full and semi automatic zipper.
- Sizes from XS to 6 XL
During the registration process, all cyclists are given the option to receive the jersey at home (courier), or to pick it up at some of the official stores:
- Fussión Bike: Calle Real 16, 28691 Villanueva de la Cañada 910 86 65 08
It is not mandatory to wear the jersey during the challenge , but it is recommended if you want to
recognize on the road among those who are completing the challenge.