New to the French ultra-trail calendar, the Grand Trail de Serre-Ponçon will take place for the first time on September 18, 19 and 20, 2020 in Serre-Ponçon , not far from Embrun, in the Hautes-Alpes department . Designed by François d'Haene and his passion for authentic trail running , this first edition of the Grand Trail de Serre-Ponçon offers three panoramic races :
- The Grand Trail , an original 178 km route around the Serre-Ponçon lake
- The Trail Lac et Montagne , a 45 km route from Savines-le-Lac with 2,200 meters of elevation gain
- The Embrun Trail Sprint , an invigorating 15 km race with 600 meters of elevation gain and breathtaking views
A qualifying race for the UTMB , this expection trail around the largest artificial lake in Europe and its 3,000 hectares of water seeks to give maximum priority to the participants' autonomy and a spirit of mutual aid. Choose your teammates and face the challenge together!
With three races on the Grand Trail de Serre-Ponçon program , there is something for all levels and desires:
- The Grand Trail:
A unique route of 178 km and 10,500 meters of elevation gain around the lake of Serre-Ponçon . After a start from Embrun, the runners will successively face the peaks of Morgon and Dormillouse, Mont Colombis, Pic de Piolit, Col de la Coupa to finish with the icing on the cake, Mont Guillaume. To be carried out in teams of two or three in a maximum time of 54 hours.
- The Lake and Mountain Trail:
Itinerary of 45 km from Savines-le-Lac, to be done individually with 2,200 meters of elevation gain . After a smooth start, the route first joins the lake of St Apollinaire to climb to the Aiguilles de Chabrières belvedere before taking the route of the Grand Trail and joining the village of Réallon, Les Means and the descent to Embrun by Puy Sanières.
- The Embrun Sprint:
Invigorating and demanding course of 15 km from Embrun, with 600 meters of elevation and offering breathtaking views. The runners will first head towards Chadenas, before climbing towards Puy Sanières and cutting through the hamlet of Rest before descending towards the finish via the Black Lands.
Thursday September 17, 2020:
- 9 a.m. - 6 p.m .: Collection of bibs at Embrun
Friday September 18, 2020:
- 10 a.m .: Departure of the Grand Trail in Embrun
Saturday September 19, 2020:
- 9 a.m .: Departure of the Trail Lac & Montagne at Savines le Lac
- 2 p.m .: Start of the Embrun Sprint in Embrun
Sunday September 20, 2020:
- 3 p.m .: Prize giving