Save the first week of December to fly to Gran Canaria and participate in the Gran Canaria Bike Week cycling tour!
The event will take place from December 1 to 8, 2019 and will tour different locations on the island with various tests, all of them impressive:
The Titanic Challenge 'To continue is to win': Sunday, December 1 at 08:00 am with 97 kilometers of route linking the Maspalomas Lighthouse, Las Filipinas, Barranquillo Andrés, Cruz de San Antonio, Pie de la Cuesta, Veneguera, Tasarte, Tasartico, La Aldea de San Nicolás, Acusa , Artenara. It will participate under the cycle sports modality with height gained of 2,813 meters. Including three sections of individual timekeeping with classification, finisher medal and prizes for the first three of all categories.
Participants will have included in their registration welcome and lunch offered by the municipality of Artenara. In addition, with prior reservation and an amount of 10 euros, bus transportation back to the Maspalomas Lighthouse for the cyclist and the bicycle. Enrollment in this stage entitles you to participate free of charge in the stage of the following day on Monday, December 2, called Circular de Ayagaures.
Ayagaures Circular . Monday, December 2 . A comfortable 30-kilometer circular stage to let go of legs and recover after the La Titánica Challenge. S Alida at 16:00 arrival at Faro de Maspalomas and after passing through Ayagaures Mountain La Data. Registration fee € 15 ( free registration for the participants of the Titanic Challenge).
Maspalomas Bike . Tuesday, December 3 . Circular of medium difficulty of 94.5 km with departure at 09:00 hours from the Maspalomas Lighthouse, passing through El Doctoral, Crossing of the Era of Cardón, Crossing of Los Corralillos, Crossing of Agüimes, Temisas, and rolling through Santa Lucía de Tirajana, Hoya de Tunte, Fataga and Arteara gaining 1600 meters high and finishing at the starting point.
Climbing to Pico de las Nieves “The hardest port in Europe”: Wednesday, December 4 at 10:00 am from El Burrero beach (Ingenio municipality) and arrival at Pico de las Nieves with 30 kilometers of distance and height gained of 1,871 meters. Participation will be in the form of cycle sports, including a section of individual timing with classification and prizes for the first three of all categories. Includes finisher medal. In addition, with prior reservation and an amount of 10 euros, bus transportation back to the Maspalomas Lighthouse for the cyclist and the bicycle.
NOVELTY!! Team stage chrono . Thursday, December 5 . Circular stage with departure and arrival at the Maspalomas Lighthouse, passing through El Pajar and taking the GC-505 road towards Cercados de Espino, where there will be a timed 10-kilometer section for teams of 2 and 3 cyclists with prizes for the first five of each category that is designated.
Great Tour . Three-day bicycle tour package that includes:
Friday, December 6 . Maspalomas - Arucas (East) with 92 kilometers of route and departure at 08:00 hours from the Maspalomas Lighthouse and pedaling through Castillo del Romeral, El Doctoral, Vecindario, Cruce de Arinaga, Las Crucitas, Ingenio, Cuatro Puertas, Telde, La Atalaya, Monte Lentiscal, Jardín Canario, San Lorenzo, San Francisco Javier and arrival at the Plaza de la Constitución, in Arucas.
Cyclists will enjoy lunch and welcome offered by the Arucas City Council, enabling a space with security to leave the bicycles the night of Friday 6 to Saturday 7. In addition, they will have transport service (only for cyclists) to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria , Neighborhood and lighthouse of Maspalomas.
Saturday, December 7 . Arucas - Maspalomas (West) 123 kilometers away and departing at 09:00 am from the Plaza de la Constitución with a tour of Guía, Gáldar, Agaete, El Risco, La Aldea, Tocodomán, Tasartico, Tasarte, Veneguera, Mogán , Taurito, Puerto Rico, Arguineguín and arrival at the Maspalomas Lighthouse.
The organization will arrange transportation by bus first thing in the morning from the Maspalomas Lighthouse, passing through Vecindario and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to start the test in Arucas.
Sunday, December 8 . Maspalomas - Taurito - Suites & Villas 4 * by Dunas of 54 kilometers with departure at 10:00 am, tour of the coast and arrival at the official hotel Suites & Villas 4 * by Dunas.
Sounds amazing, right? If you also want to live this unique and exciting week, click and sign up to get your bib number!
- Titanic Challenge : For the brave! 97 kilometers with departure at 08:00 am at the Maspalomas Lighthouse and arrival in the municipality of Artenara. 2,813 meters of height gain discovering places such as Las Filipinas, Barranquillo Andrés, Pie de la Cuesta, La Aldea de San Nicolás de Tolentino or the unrivaled road of the dams.
- Ayagaures Circular : A comfortable 30-kilometer circular stage to let go of legs and recover after the La Titánica Challenge. To continue is to win . S Alida at 16:00 arrival at Faro de Maspalomas and after passing through Ayagaures Mountain La Data.
- Maspalomas Bike : Smooth stage with little unevenness, ideal for beginners or to recover legs facing the Climbing to Pico Las Nieves.
- Climbing to Pico de las Nieves : The biggest challenge! One of the toughest tests and recognized worldwide for which many specialists is the hardest port in Europe . This will take place under the cyclo-sports modality with departure at 10:00 a.m. on El Burrero beach, in the municipality of Ingenio, and demanding ascent for 30 kilometers with ramps of 21% until reaching the top and gaining a height of 1,871 meters . It has a single section with time control .
- Team chrono stage : We present you the innovative stage of this year. Interesting, different and very fun where the camaraderie is very present. After a few kilometers of warm-up, the team time of two riders will start to count. They will be 10 kilometers in slight ascent and with the traffic completely closed for you to enjoy to the fullest. In addition, you will recover energy in the provisioning that will be prepared for you before pedaling back to the Maspalomas Lighthouse after 46 kilometers in total.IMPORTANT! For the first time in the Canary Islands, the first CRI Adapted Cycling Criterium is also held . All cyclists who wish can participate with an individual and timed start for all the categories that register.
- Grand Tour : 91 kilometers on the eastern slope of Gran Canaria in the first stage of the Grand Tour , a stage of moderate hardness , leg breakers and with several ascents during the route. It will depart from the Maspalomas Lighthouse to the Plaza de la Constitución, in the municipality of Arucas. It will be shot by Juan Grande, Doctoral, Arinaga and promotion to Las Crucitas in Agüimes where there will be liquid supplies. We will continue to Ingenio, Cuatro Puertas, and Telde where the main provisioning will take place. Then comes a long and beautiful ascent through the Barranco de Las Goteras, which will be made more bearable by its small interspersed descents. After reaching La Atalaya, you will turn left to go up the Pico de Bandama, an ancient volcano cone very well preserved and from where a nice view of the north and southeast of Gran Canaria is appreciated.You will continue the march towards La Calzada, San Lorenzo, Tenoya and after a short climb you will arrive at the city of Arucas with its beautiful church.
- Challenge the Titanic: Sunday, December 1 at 08:00.
- Ayagaures Circular: Monday, December 2 at 4:00 p.m.
- Maspalomas Bike: Tuesday, December 3 at 9:00 a.m.
- Climbing the Pico de las Nieves: Wednesday, December 4 at 10:00 am.
- Team chrono stage: Thursday, December 5.
- Grand Tour:
- Maspalomas - Arucas (East): Friday, December 6 at 8:00 a.m.
- Arucas - Maspalomas (West) : Saturday, December 7 at 9:00 a.m.
- Maspalomas - Taurito - Suites & Villas 4 * by Dunas: Sunday, December 8 at 10:00 a.m.
* On Sunday December 8 and after the last stage of the Grand Tour, a cocktail party and recognition ceremony will be held at the official hotel Suites & Villas 4 * by Dunas with an invitation for all participants of the 31st edition of Gran Canaria Bike Week - La Cyclist 2019.