Following the preventive actions taken against COVID-19 (better known under the name of corona virus), the organizers of the Ronde Castraise had to modify the date and postpone the event to Sunday October 18, 2020.
The cyclosportive La Ronde Castraise will therefore take place on Sunday 18 October 2020 in Castres , in the Tarn. La Ronde Castraise will celebrate its 20th edition in autumn, and each year attracts around 1,000 cyclists from all over France to enjoy the magnificent landscapes of the Castraise region and the friendly atmosphere of this cyclosportive. This year, three new routes will be offered and will allow cyclists of all levels to find their footing there:
- La Castraise , a route of 140 kilometers and 2,100 vertical meters around Castres and across the Sidobre
- The Sidobre , a route of 86 kilometers and only 1,300 meters of cumulative elevation gain
- La Vabraise , an unclassified race of 62 kilometers and 820 vertical meters, open to electric bikes
Come and discover Castres, its Goya museum and its sumptuous landscapes full of history on the outskirts of the Agout during a sporty and friendly weekend! In the saddle!
La Ronde Castraise offers three courses of different distances and difficulties:
- La Castraise
The queen event of La Ronde Castraise, this 140-kilometer cycle race starting from the Parc des Expositions begins the ascent through the Sidrobe without warming up before passing through Lacrouzette, Vabre, Lacaze and arriving at the halfway point. The route will then go up slightly in the north, up to Mont Roc and the ruined Chateau de Grandval before descending towards Castres, first passing through Montredon-Labessonnié before joining the old road to Roquecourbe for the finish line.
The Sidobre shares the Castraise route for the first 40 kilometers, to the village of Vabre, before leaving in the direction of Saint-Pierre-de-Trivisy and then returning first to Montredon-Labessonnié and Saint-Jean-de -Vals to finish on the old road of Roquecourbe and the finish line, 86 kilometers and 1,300 meters of difference in altitude later.
- La Vabraise
La Vabraise is a timed race but without classification on the same route as La Sidrobe and La Castraise to the village of Vabre before leaving directly for Castres, along the Agout river. This race of 62 kilometers and 820 meters of elevation gain is open to electrically assisted bikes.
Saturday October 17, 2020:
- 2 p.m. - 7 p.m .: Collection of handlebar plates at the Parc des Expositions
Sunday October 18, 2020:
- 7 a.m. - 8:30 a.m .: Pick up of handlebar plates at the Parc des Expositions
- 9 a.m .: Departure from Castraise
- 9:25 a.m .: Departure from Sidobre
- 9:35 a.m .: Departure from Valbraise
- 2:15 p.m .: Prize giving