Held for the first time in 2011, the Limone Extreme Skyrace is an international skyrunning competition taking place annually in the fall in Limone sul Garda, in Italy. The 10th edition of the Limone Extreme Skyrace will take place on October 10th, 2020 as the penultimate stage of the Skyrunner World Series. Numerous world-class athletes are expected to battle it out on the main race of the event, but more accessible routes are also proposed to attract runners of all levels:
- Limone Skyrace, an exhilarating 22-kilometer skyrace featuring a little over 2,000 meters of elevation climb to the Monte Carone
- 10K, a more accessible skyrace open to all with only 800 meters of elevation climb offering world-class thrills to amateur runners
- Vertical Kilometer, a 3,7-kilometer long climb to the Mughera at 1,160 meters above sea level
The 10K will also be open as a women’s only event, the Donna4Sky.
Whether you’re competing for the world title or just curious about skyrunning, the Limone Extreme Skyrace is an opportunity you do not want to miss. Take part in a prestigious sky race and run between lakes, mountains, and skies on October 10th, 2020!
The Limone Extreme Skyrace is a 22-kilometer skyrace starting and finishing in Lungolago Marconi, in Limone Sul Garda. The race starts out through the streets of Limone for the first two kilometers to reach Reamòl and from there on, begin a breath-taking climb of roughly 2,000 meters. The course will first head to Punto Larici, then Passo Rocchetta and on to the Cima Mughera before reaching Baita Segala. Once in Baita Segala, the track will head up the Monte Carone, standing at 1,621 meters above sea level before heading back down to Corna Vecchia and Dalco and then Limone sul Garda.
The 10K starts in Lungolago Marconi and runs along the banks of the Lake Garda before heading into the Singol Valley and up the trails through Pre, Malga Dalò and Fò Granc before returning to the finish line in Lungolago Marconi.
The Vertical Kilometer starts off in Lungolago like the other races and after a short flat stretch, heads up to the top of the Mughera via Dosso dei Roveri, through wooded areas, rocky waterfalls and steep inclines.
Friday October 9th, 2020:
- 12h – 17h30: Race kit pick-up
- 17h: Start of the Vertical Kilometer
- 17h30: Pasta Party
- 20h30: Award ceremony for the Vertical Kilometer
Saturday October 10th, 2020:
- 7h – 8h30: Race kit pick-up
- 9h: Start of the Limone Extreme Skyrace
- 9h15: Start of the Limone 10K
- 13h15 - 13h30: Award ceremony