Building on the success of previous years, the Porto Vecchio Marathon returns again on Sunday, October 18, 2020 to celebrate its seventh edition of the Porto Vecchio Marathon. Therefore, you are invited to the magnificent port city of Porto Vecchio to spend a sporty and friendly weekend in stunning surroundings. Although relatively young, the Porto Vecchio marathon has already established itself as one of the best sporting events in Corsica thanks to its legendary routes through iconic locations in southern Corsica and its legendary conviviality and good humor. .
Like the 2019 edition, several routes will be offered for this edition of the Porto Vecchio Marathon:
- The marathon , the mythical distance of the race: 42,195 kilometers between Lecci and Santa Giulia
- The Semi , a very popular 21.1 kilometer route between Porto Vecchio and Santa Giulia.
- The 10K , an accessible route between the famous Palombaggia beach and Santa Giulia
- The 8 K Sports Walk , a pleasant walk along the beaches of southern Corsica and passing through Capu d'Acciaju
The Porto Vecchio marathon is a true celebration of the race, where every runner, regardless of age or level, can find something that suits them. We are waiting for you to enjoy the sublime landscapes of southern Corsica for a weekend with friends or family!
The Porto Vecchio marathon consists of four courses:
- The marathon
The legendary race distance, this 42,195 km route begins in Lecci before joining the famous Saint-Cyprien bay and following the coast on a technical course that offers magnificent views of the idyllic beaches of South Corsica towards Porto Vecchio. Arrival in Porto Vecchio will mark the midpoint. Runners will start in Santa Giulia to cross the finish line located at the Marina level, first passing through Palombaggia bay and Capu d'Acciaju. Refueling points will be installed approximately every 5 km and will offer water and other solid supplies.
- Half marathon
A route as technical as the Marathon that begins in the commercial port of Porto Vecchio and follows the same route as the Marathon to Santa Giulia. With its 21.1 kilometers, the Semi is a more accessible distance but as pleasant as its older sister.
- The 10k
The most accessible distance offered by the Porto Vecchio marathon, the 10-kilometer race takes off in the town of Palombaggia and shares its route with the last kilometers of the marathon and semi. An easy career to impress.
- 8K Walk
An 8-kilometer sports walk with a unique route, starting from Palombaggia beach and following the coast to Capu d'Acciaju and then Santa Giulia to arrive with your feet in the water.
- SMS with the times
Saturday October 17, 2020:
- 10am - 7pm: bibs collection
Sunday, October 18, 2020:
- 7 am - 7.45 am: Bibs collection in Lecci for the Marathon
- 7:30 am - 8:30 am: Bib collection in Porto Vecchio for the Semi, 10K and Walk
- 8h: start of the marathon
- 9.45 am: Semi start
- 10 am.: Departures from 10K and The Walk
- 1 pm.: Awards ceremony