The date is already set for November 21, 2020 for the 36th edition of the Fort-de-France International Half Marathon ! Founded in 1985, the Fort-de-France International Half Marathon has become over time one of the most popular running races on the island of Martinique and each year brings together more than 2,000 participants from France, the West Indies and the rest of the world.
This ongoing festival allows all enthusiasts of all ages to push their limits on a continuous tour and in a festive atmosphere. And for those who do not feel an attack by the 21.1 kilometers of the Half Marathon, the organization also offers other distances:
- Half marathon of 21.1 kilometers through Fort-de-France
- Jou Ouvè , a 4.5 kilometer race open to people over 14 years old.
- Kous Ti Moun , a test for children under 14 years old with distances ranging from one to two kilometers
Come discover or rediscover Fort-de-France for an unforgettable sporting and friendly moment! Registrations are open and places are limited, so don't wait until it's too late!
The Fort-de-France International Half Marathon starts at Place de la Savanne on Alfassa Boulevard and runs along the coast before heading up to the Pierre-Aliker municipal stadium and crossing the city towards the Levassor Canal to get to the finish line A wavy and pleasant route of 21.1 kilometers, which avoids the difference in level and invites performance.
The Jou Ouvè is a 4.5 kilometer race that connects rue Ernest Desproges with Boulevard Alfassa, along the coast and Canal Levassor. A perfect playground to learn about competitive racing! Jou Ouvè is open to people over 14 years old.
However , the Kous Ti Moun or Course des Poussins is reserved exclusively for children between 7 and 13 years old who wish to participate in the party. The courses will last between one and two kilometers, depending on the age categories, and will be held at Place de la Savanne.
- Children's area
- SMS with the times
Friday, November 20, 2020:
- 9 am to 6 pm: collection of bibs
Saturday November 21, 2020:
- 9 am to 6 pm: Running Village, entertainment and sports workshops
- 10:30 am: Presentation of the athletes.
- 2 pm.: Departure from the Kous Ti Moun
Sunday, November 22, 2020:
- 5:30 am: Departure from the Jouv Ouvè
- 6h: start of the half marathon