After preventive action against COVID-19, better known as the corona virus, the Nice International Half Marathon had to change its date and postpone the event until the fall of 2020. The exact date will be confirmed later. . We attach the link to the declaration of the organizer Sport Azur Organization ici .
Therefore, it is in the fall of 2020 that the Nice International Half Marathon will take place and we hope that many of you will be on the starting lines of the different distances offered this year by the organization! The Nice International Half Marathon will celebrate its 29th edition this year in the company of 20,000 runners of all backgrounds, levels and ages. And for good reason, over the years, the Nice International Half Marathon has become the second-largest race in the Côte d'Azur region, right behind its older brother, the Marathon des Alpes-Maritimes Nice -Cannes . C'est aussi un évènement engagé avec des courses organisées en en soutien de la lutte contre le cancer du sein :
- Le Semi-Marathon , the 21 km long distance from the Promenade des Anglais pour les amateurs de performance et tous ceux qui souhaitent se dépasser
- Le 10 km , a parcours plus court et accessible in bord de mer
- The 5 km , a parcours agréable et facile pour une première course
- La Niçoise , unites 100% feminine épreuve of 5 km in soutien à la lutte con le cancer
- Le Family Run , 2 km à courir en famille sans limit d'age
- Le Teens Run , a 2 km course for the children between 10 and 16 years
Vous l'aurez compris, le Semi-Marathon International de Nice est l'évènement à ne pas rater cet automne! Venez allier plaisir et performance le temps d'un week-end, le tout pour la bonne cause! Dépechez-vous de réserver vos places avant qu'il n'y en aie plus!
The Nice Half-Marathon offers many race formats to satisfy the 20,000 participants expected for this 29th edition:
- The Half Marathon
The queen distance of this event, this 21.1 km road race has a vertical drop of 184 meters. The runners will start on the route of the Half-Marathon from the Promenade des Anglais, at the level of the Jardin Albert 1er and will start along the Promenade des Anglais to Nice airport and the Phoenix park before turning back and set off again in the other direction towards the finish line after a loop through the port. Leaders will be present to reach your race goals and supplies will also be provided for everyone on the Promenade des Anglais.
- The 10 km
A more accessible 10 km event by the sea. The start is identical to that of the Half-Marathon and generally takes the same route, however going to Nice-Côte d'Azur airport and without the loop by port. A flat and easy route for all levels.
- The 5 km
The ideal distance for those looking for an easy and pleasant route for their first competition or anyone over 14 years old. The route focuses on the Promenade des Anglais, by the sea.
- La Niçoise
This test shares the 5 km route but unlike the 5 km, La Niçoise is exclusively reserved for women and wants to be involved in the fight against breast cancer, with 1 € donated to the benefit of the association SOS Cancer du Breast .
- The Family Run
A 2 km family event on the Promenade des Anglais for the benefit of the fight against cancer in partnership with SOS Breast Cancer. Anyone can participate and strollers are allowed.
- Teens Run
A 2 km race intended for children between 10 and 16 years old, taking up the Family Run route.
- T shirt
- Children's area
- 2 p.m. - 7 p.m .: Collection of bibs and last registrations
- 9h - 19h: Collection of bibs and last registrations
- 10 a.m .: Breakfast Run (training)
- 10 a.m .: Opening of the Village Running Expo
- 6h - 8h: Collection of bibs and last registrations for foreign participants
- 8h: Joint departure for the 10 km and the Half-Marathon
- 10:15 am: Start of the 5 km
- 10:30 am: Departure from La Niçoise
- 11.10 am: Start of the Teens Run
- 11:20 am: Departure of the Family Run