Following the preventive actions taken against COVID-19 (better known as the corona virus), the organizers of the Swimrunman Gorges du Verdon had to change the date and postpone the event to Sunday November 1, 2020.
It is therefore on November 1st that the 4th edition of the Swimrunman Gorges du Verdon will take place , departing from Salles-sur-Verdon , in the Var. The Swimrunman Gorges du Verdon and the 1,000 competitors expected on its starting lines will take advantage of the exceptional setting of the Verdon Regional Natural Park and the Lac de Sainte-Croix . This event is part of the Swimrunman France Series circuit, composed of three events and crowns a champion in each of the categories offered:
- Classic , a popular and traditional 25.6 kilometer course with 6 swimming and 7 running sections
- Half , a demanding and sumptuous course of 45.1 kilometers divided into 10 swimming sections and 11 running sections
- Ultra , one of the most difficult swimruns in the world with its 63.4 kilometers , its elevation gain of more than 2,000 meters and its 11.6 kilometers of swimming
Between the turquoise waters of the Lac de Sainte-Croix, the cliffs of the Gorges du Verdon and Mont Ventoux , the courses offered as part of the Swimrunman Gorges du Verdon are to be done at least once in your athletic life! We are waiting for you!
The Swimrunman Gorges du Verdon offers three demanding courses, as well as a test reserved for children wishing to discover the joys of swimrun:
- The Classic
The Classic is a route that is both accessible but intense and above all very popular, 25.6 kilometers long, to be done solo or in pairs. It consists of 6 swimming sections for a total of 4.5 km of swimming and 7 sections of running over 21 km through the sumptuous landscapes of the Verdon Natural Park. The course has approximately 690 meters of elevation gain and includes six refreshment stations.
- The Half
The Swimrunman Half is as demanding as it is wonderful, with a 45.1 km course open to solo runners and pairs. The Half starts in Salles-sur-Verdon and after a short warm-up on Le Dégoutaire, launches an assault on La-Palue-sur-Verdon then Les Aiguines for around 1,600 meters of elevation gain over the 37.85 kilometers and 11 running sections of the event. Ten swimming sections are also planned for a swimming distance of 7.25 kilometers, including a testing section of 1,700 meters. Eleven refreshment stations will be positioned on the course and will supply the competitors with gels, water and others.
- The Ultra
An anthology journey in a breathtaking setting, in every sense of the word. With less than 50% completion rate in 2019, this 63.4-kilometer route follows the route from Half to Aiguines but then detours via Bauduen before returning to Les Salles-du-Verdon. In total, the pairs will have to swim 11.6 kilometers, divided into 17 sections, the longest of which is 2,400 meters! On the running side, competitors will have to push their limits to reach the end of the 51.8 kilometers of trail with more than 2,000 meters of elevation gain. Numerous refueling stations will be positioned along the route to assist adventurers in their race.
- Kids Swimrunman
Events and distances suitable for children wishing to discover the joys of swimrun. The organization sets up three age categories between 6 and 15 years old, with distances depending on the capacities of each child. The oldest will decide on a course of 2,500 meters, including 500 meters of swimming.
- T shirt
- Children's area
- SMS with the times
Saturday October 31, 2020:
- 3 p.m .: Opening of the exhibiting village
- 3 p.m. - 6.30 p.m .: Collection of bibs
- 5 p.m. - 6 p.m .: Departure of the Swimrunman Kids
- 6.30 p.m .: Swimrunman Briefing
Sunday November 1, 2020:
- 5h: Opening of the exhibiting village
- 5.15 am - 6.15 am: Collection of bibs
- 6h: Departure of the Swimrunman Ultra and Half
- 6:30 am: Departure of the Swimrunman Classic
- 12:30 p.m .: Swimrunman Classic awards ceremony
- 3.30 p.m .: Swimrunman Half awards ceremony
- 6 p.m. - 9 p.m .: End of race banquet
- 6.30 p.m .: Swimrunman Ultra awards ceremony