TRANS ESPADAN MTB , pedal between rivers and mountains in the fantastic natural setting of the Sierra de Espadán on November 26 and 27, 2019
A 2-stage Mountain Bike journey, 150 kilometers (70kms per stage) and 4500m of accumulated altitude that unites the BTT centers of Navajas in Alto Palancia and Montanejos in Alto Mijares accumulating kilometers in a beautiful journey through the Sierra de Espadán.
In addition to an MTB adventure with all the services en route, such as transport luggage for bikers, support vehicle, technical assistance, 2 Chef Kike Peris refreshments, unloading massage service, etc., it is a weekend with more activities for runners and companions, such as stretching activities and thermal baths in Montanejos, talks in the evening, pasta dinner (Pasta Party) or optional activities for companions such as kayaking, climbing, bike rides on the greenway.
1st STAGE: MONTANEJOS-MONTAN-PINA MONTALGRAO-BENAFER-JERICA-NAVAJAS. 70K and 2200m difference in altitude +
2nd STAGE: POCKETKNIVES-VALL ALMONACID-MATET-TORRALBA PINAR-BAÑOS AYODAR-CIRAT-MONTANEJOS 68K and 2400m difference in altitude +
The TRANS ESPADAN MTB intends to stimulate the interior territory through sports tourism, trying to make the event have a favorable economic impact in the regions that travel in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way.
TRANS ESPADAN Visit beautiful places in the Espadán Natural Park, in the interior of Castellón, a mountain range that divides the courses of the Palancia and Mijares rivers.
It combines paths and trails in the regions of Alto Palancia and Alto Mijares and covers part of the Espadán Natural Park, where only its passage is allowed, as it is a protected area.
The FIRST stage consists of 70Km and 2200m of positive slope.
Health care in Espadán. Mechanics, supplies and sanitation in Pina Montalgrao. Provisioning and sanitation in Benafer. Sanitary, mechanical and supplies in Senda Jonjordana (Jérica). Mechanical, massage and sanitary supplies in Navajas (Meta).
The SECOND stage consists of 68Km. and 2400m of positive slope.
Mechanical assistance in Vall de Almonacid, provisioning in Matet, Mechanics in high crossing. Mechanics, supplies and sanitation in Torralba. Aid station in Fuentes de Ayodar. Mechanics and supplies in Cirat. Mechanics, sanitary supplies, and massage at the finish line.
- T shirt
FRIDAY 25 NOVEMBER
- 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Collection of bib numbers in Montanejos and stage I technical briefing at Xauen hotel.
- 20.00 hrs. at 8:30 p.m. Stretching session and thermal bath in the Montanejos Spa free of charge for the participants.
SATURDAY 26 NOVEMBER
- From 9 a.m. to 9.45 a.m., collection of bib numbers and signature control at the Xauen hotel.
- 10.00hrs. Neutralized output.
- 14.00hrs. First forecast, 15.00hrs. Forecast last to arrive at Navajas
- 19.00hrs Stage II technical briefing at Camping Altomira de Navajas.
- 20:00 Talk about MTB races in the USA
- 21.00hrs. Pasta dinner. Giveaways.
SUNDAY 27 NOVEMBER
- 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Breakfast and signature control at the Camping Altomira BTT center.
- 9.00hrs. Departure from Montanejos
- 13.00hrs first forecast, 15.00hrs. Forecast last to arrive at Montanejos
EXPECTED TIME OF AVERAGE PASS
12.00 Pina de Montalgrao
9:30 Vall d'Almonacid
11:30 Torralba del Pinar
12:00 Fountains of Ayodar